Heat therapies have long been used for healing and wellness, dating all the way back to the ancient Greeks, Romans, and Mayans. The sauna is dedicated room designed specifically to help you sweat. What’s more, science stands behind saunas, and modern medicine has proven 10 clinical health benefits of saunas that will leave you wanting to get your own sweat on.
Here are some of the benefits of regular Sauna use as explained at finleo.com:
- Saunas improve overall health, wellness and performance.
- Saunas aid in recovery after intense physical activity.
- Saunas flush toxins via sweating process.
- Saunas improve brain health.
- Saunas relieve stress.
- Saunas can induce a deeper sleep.
- Saunas can help fight illness.
- Sauna cleanses the skin.
- Saunas burn calories.
- Saunas bring out recreational and social benefits.
Sauna is open for Recovery Member access from 6am-10pm daily. Casual / Non-Member Drop in sessions are available between 6pm-10pm daily, with last access from 9:30pm.
All users must be 17 years and older.
Do not use if you:
- Are pregnant
- Have a serious illness
- Have a heart condition
- Have high or low blood pressure
- Have a respiratory condition
- Have any other medical condition which may affect your reaction to heat.
What sauna users must do
- Take a break after 15 minutes.
- Use a towel or mat to sit on.
- Shower and towel dry before using the sauna, and afterwards too if you intend to subsequently use other facilities in the centre.
- Remember to drink plenty of water.
- Exit immediately if you are uncomfortable, dizzy or sleepy and seek the assistance of staff.
What sauna users must not do
- Do not pour water on the rocks.
- Do not use oil or lotion.
- Do not spit.