Frequent exposure to cold is linked to a number of different health benefits. For example, scientists have found evidence that exposure to cold speeds up metabolism. Another benefit of exposing your body to cold is that it reduces inflammation, swelling and sore muscles. Therefore, many athletes use ice baths and other types of exposure to cold as a means to speed up recovery after physical exercise. Furthermore, cold body therapy is also linked to improved quality of sleep, more focus and even to an improved immune response.
Cold is an important component of the Wim Hof Method, which is applied in the form of cold showers and ice baths. Participants of the WHM report health benefits that range from higher energy levels to relieve of symptoms caused by autoimmune diseases.
Ice Bath is open for Recovery Members and Casual / Non-Member Drop-in sessions between 4-8pm Monday to Friday.
All users must be 17 years and older.
Do not use if you:
- Are pregnant
- Have a serious illness
- Have a heart condition
- Have high or low blood pressure
- Have a respiratory condition
- Have any other medical condition which may affect your reaction to cold.
What Ice Bath users must do
- Bring a towel and warm clothes for post-session use.
- Shower and towel dry before using the Ice Bath.
- Follow staff instructions at all times.
- Exit immediately if you are in extreme distress or pain.
- Warm up correctly before leaving the recovery space.
What Ice Bath users must not do
- Do not put head under the water.
- Do not use oil or lotion.