Julius "Caesar" Poananga
Lunchtime BJJ Coach
Julius "Caesar" is one of Hamilton's top professional mixed martial artists. Julius had a successful string of amateur MMA wins before making his victorious professional debut in 2012. Less than 2 years later, Julius moved closer to follow of his dream of becoming a full-time MMA athlete - and won the IKBF Xtreme-Thai NZ Heavyweight Title in the process.
Julius holds the rank of BJJ Purplebelt, and has accumulated a number of submission wins throughout his MMA career.
- Purplebelt National Champ Super Heavy (NZ Grappler Nogi Nationals 2021)
- PRO Rnd 1 Submission Win (Guillotine) over Anthony Johns (2017) in his international Debut
- PRO Rnd 1 Submission Win (Guillotine) over John Vake (2014)
- PRO Rnd 1 Submission Win (Rear-Naked Choke) over Ryan Anderson (2014)
- Submission Win (Guillotine) over Richie Boom Boom Cooper for the IKBF Xtreme-Thai NZ Heavyweight Title
- PRO UD win over Sam Caspersen (2012)
- Split Decision loss to Ina Manase after extension round (2012)
- Rnd 1 Submission Win (Reverse Triangle) over Brad Flavell (2012)
- Rnd 1 Submission Win (Armbar) over Patrick Childs (2012)
Official Sherdog Profile:
Official Facebook Page: