"Sensei" Phil Beale
Senior Instructor & Head of the Grading Panel
Sensei Phil has been one of the most influential figures on Martial Arts throughout Hamilton. Sensei Phil was the chief instructor and head of the reputable Kobukan Martial Arts, in addition to co-founding GroundControl Hamilton.
Phil has been actively training in martial arts since 1972 - when he was only eighteen.
- Karate 5th Dan Shidoin Blackbelt (Under Patrick McCarthy, Koryu Uchinadi, 2008)
- CORE MMA Senior Instructor (Head of Kickboxing Grading Panel)
- Tae Kwon Do 1st Dan Blackbelt (Willy Lim)
- Will-Machado BJJ Blackbelt (Awarded by John Will)
- Former Chief Instructor at Kobukan School of Martial Arts
- Co-founder of GroundControl Hamilton